Thursday, August 08, 2013

Words to Live By


In empty Paris where everyone has left on vacation, and the weather has finally cooled off from 95 degrees to bearable temperatures, I find myself at the end of 1 path and the beginning of another, both in terms of jobs and relationships.

This is in some ways a relief, an exciting new opportunity, and crushing and devastating all at the same time.

The basic tenet of my 30s so far is this:

You can't control what happens, but you can control your attitude towards it. How much will you let it bother you, define you or consume you?

What kind of person would you like to be and what are you willing to do to become that person?

While I've always found the Gandhi quote 'be the change you want to see' a little vague, I think it means this: working on changing your attitude towards a setback, heartbreak or a mistake until you can react to it the way you hope to be able to react to it.

No comments: